If you have an Elf on the Shelf at your house, you know what a challenge it can be to keep up with the nightly shenanigans. Now that our kids are familiar with the word quarantine, we can use it to take a little break from our Elf duties.
So give yourself a break with our fun and FREE way to announce your Elf's quarantine, and it comes straight from the North Pole:
The number of nights you choose for your Elf to be in quarantine is completely up to you!
Put your elf in quarantine!
- Print your FREE Official Quarantine Notice.
- Fill in the blanks with your Elf's name and the date they must quarantine.
- Place the completed Official Quarantine Notice next to your Elf in the location where you would like them to stay for the duration.
- DO NOT MOVE your Elf until the quarantine is complete!
- After the quarantine ends, you can go back to moving your Elf daily until they return to the North Pole on December 24th.
|This Elf on the Shelf was in quarantine for a week!|
Bonus ideas for extra fun:
You can absolutely put your Elf in quarantine just by placing them in a safe spot, and that is 100% okay! However, if you want to add in some extra fun, try these bonus ideas:
- Create a quarantine "room" out of a mason jar or other see-through container. You can find some inexpensive ones at your local craft stores. Decorate with stickers and ribbon.
- Make a tiny face mask for your Elf to wear during quarantine. Use a disposable paper one that can be cut apart and refashioned in the mini version.
- Set your Elf up with a thermometer or tissues for their quarantine. Or, choose items that your kids associate with being sick... ginger ale would be my go to!
- Put your Elf to bed for quarantine! A doll bed or a box covered in wash cloths or tissues works great.
- Place your Elf in the lap of one of your child's stuffed animals for quarantine. What could be more comforting?